Anwen Rees-Myers: Inside The Life Of John Hurt's Wife

Anwen Rees-Myers is the fourth wife and widow of the late English actor John Hurt. Anwen’s husband John came to prominence playing Richard Rich in the film A Man for All Seasons (1966). He is also a voice actor known for his work in Watership Down (1978), The Lord of the Rings (1978), The Plague Dogs (1982), The Black Cauldron (1985), and Dogville (2003), among others.

Anwen Rees-Myers: Bio Summary

NameAnwen Rees-Myers
Famous aswife of John Hurt
GenderFemale
Age55 years old as of 2023
Date of birthJuly 2, 1968
ParentDonald Rees
ChildrenN/A
SpouseJohn Hurt
OccupationProducer

Who Is John Hurt’s Wife, Anwen Rees-Myers?

Anwen Rees-Myers is said to have been born on July 2, 1968. If her date of birth is correct then she is 55 years old as of 2023. She is the daughter of Donald Rees, a designer from Pembrokeshire. Much is unknown about her other relatives. Details regarding her life as a child and family history are unavailable. Her educational details are unknown. She is a former actress and classical pianist. She is said to be a former singer as well.

Anwen Rees-Myers is a TV producer and advertisement director. She produces commercials and music videos with London-based Mad Cow Films. According to her IMDb page, Anwen has worked in the film industry as a producer, casting director, and additional crew. She was an assistant producer for an episode of the television series “Legends”.

Anwen was an assistant producer for the TV Movie “For Art’s Sake: The Story of Ballets Russes”. She also served as an assistant producer for the TV Movie, “Annie Nightingale: Bird on the Wireless”. She was the executive producer of “In Love with Alma Cogan”. She produced “Benjamin Britten: Peace and Conflict”.

Anwen was the creative producer of “ChickLit”. She is known for her work as a casting director for “Break”, “Draw on Sweet Night”, “ChickLit”, and “Swipe Fever”. As an additional crew, she worked for the TV Movie “Rolf on Beatrix Potter”, and “Doctor Who at the Proms”. She appeared as a Newspaper Reporter in an episode of the television series “Minder”.

Anwen Rees-Myers appeared as herself in “A Taste of My Life”, and “News at Ten”. Anwen met actor John Hurt at a London restaurant. According to Anwen, “It was very close to being love at first sight. Obviously I had known a lot about him for a long time – John the icon. We went out only a couple of times before we realised it was special. We’ve both been married before so we took it slowly and wanted to get it right.”

ALSO, READ: Jo Dalton: Everything About John Hurt’s Ex-wife

Anwen Rees-Myers and John Hurt got married in March 2005. Anwen was married twice before she became the wife of John. Her marriage to John was her third marriage. John was also married three times before marrying Anwen. His first marriage was to actress Annette Robertson. This marriage lasted from 1962 to 1964.

John Hurt got married for the second time to actress Donna Peacock. They were married from September 6, 1984, until they got divorced in 1990. He married production assistant, Joan Dalton, from 24 January 1990 until they divorced in 1996. In addition to his marriages, John was also involved in romantic relationships.

John Hurt had a relationship with Marie-Lise Volpeliere-Pierrot, a French model, and Sarah Owens, a Dublin-born presenter and writer. John’s fourth marriage to Anwen Rees-Myers was his last. Anwen became the stepmother of John’s two children, Sasha John Vincent Hurt and Nick Hurt from his marriage to Jo Dalton.

Anwen Rees-Myers was a very supportive wife. Her husband John Hurt gave up smoking and drinking during their marriage. John has described Anwen as “a very calming influence”. Anwen and John had no children together but they remained married until John passed away.

What Happened To Anwen Rees-Myers’ Husband?

Anwen Rees-Myers’ husband John Hurt was diagnosed with cancer. On 16 June 2015, he publicly made it known that he had been diagnosed with early-stage pancreatic cancer. He said: “I have always been open about the way in which I conduct my life and in that spirit I would like to make a statement.”

“I have recently been diagnosed with early-stage pancreatic cancer. I am undergoing treatment and am more than optimistic about a satisfactory outcome, as indeed is the medical team. I am continuing to focus on my professional commitments and will shortly be recording Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell (one of life’s small ironies) for BBC Radio 4”

Speaking about his illness to the Radio Times, John Hurt said: “I can’t say I worry about mortality, but it’s impossible to get to my age and not have a little contemplation of it. We’re all just passing time, and occupy our chair very briefly. But my treatment is going terrifically well, so I’m optimistic.” Following treatment, he revealed that his cancer was in remission on 12 October 2015.

ALSO, READ: Donna Peacock: Where Is John Hurt’s Ex-wife Now?

John Hurt said: “I had a final scan and it’s all gone brilliantly. I had the final scan yesterday [Monday] and I saw my oncologist this morning [Tuesday]. I am overjoyed, I am thrilled. It all looks great for the future, it’s fantastic.” He stated that he remains wary of using words such as “remission” even ‘if it’s true’.

Unfortunately, Anwen Rees-Myers’ husband John Hurt died on 25 January 2017, three days after his 77th birthday. He died from pancreatic cancer at his home in Cromer, Norfolk. Anwen said of her husband: “John was the most sublime of actors and the most gentlemanly of gentlemen with the greatest of hearts and the most generosity of spirit. He touched all our lives with joy and magic and it will be a strange world without him.”

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7pbXCsqurnZ6ZwG%2BvzqZmmqanmrtuvsSeqmalqZq%2FtHnIp6qinJViwamxjKWgn51dpLNuts6hpWagpafBtHnWop2eZw%3D%3D